Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Art Every Day, Sunday, Oct 13, 2013,
Good Evening,
Here is today's new piece.  I spent the past 5 days teaching at my retreat and did a good deal of surface design while demonstrating to students.  This piece is hand painted  using Jacquard paints.  I thought it turned out quite vintage looking, 1950's sort of.  So, I paired it with a coordinate that i painted along with some black linen and a black batting.
I laid the flower print down on the batting, topped it with the wide strip of black linen then topped that with the striped fabric.  The flower print is heavily stippled around the flowers and tiny gold dots.  The black linen has two designs, circles and lines, stitched in pink thread for a high contrast.  The wavy lined fabric is stitched with more wavy lines.
I really like this piece.  The flowers were fun to paint and quilt around and I love the high contrast of the black and hot pink! The quilting makes the flowers look as though they have been stuffed and the wavy lines provide great movement.
Till next time,
Heather


No comments: