Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 13, 2011















Good Morning All,
Lest you think I've been slacking off..........here are some of my new hand dyed fabrics. My assistant, Judy and I have been dyeing like crazy as we get ourselves prepared to hit the national show/teaching circuit. Because I don't want to be "just another hand dyer", I've been coming up with ways to make our hand dyes unique. I'm using several Shibori techniques along with color mixing my way. We get all of this glorious color using just 4 dyes; black, yellow, red and blue! I'm having lots of fun and learning new stuff along the way - just what life is all about.

I will be opening my own dye studio sometime in October. The space is a subleased area of a new teaching gallery that will be attached to the Golden Quilt Co. in Golden CO. I'm so excited to have dedicated space to dye and paint fabric in. My assistant's happy that we won't have to continue doing it in her kitchen too.

Once we get the space up and running, all of our painted and dyed fabric will have a home base from which to sell it locally. We will house all of the product there between shows and Tamara the lovely owner/operator of the teaching studio will be there to sell it to any takers.

I just love it when things work out. I cast my net in to so many waters. Sometimes it comes out tangled and empty, other times it's loaded with a full bounty. Ain't life good!

Till next time,
Heather

1 comment:

me said...

Good morning to you!

LOVE both of those quotes- they are great reminders that we only get one go-around in this life and that we need to make the most of it.

Your hand dyes are gorgeous! They are unlike anything I have ever seen anywhere. My mind is already going... lol

I am currently finishing up a whack of stuff, using what I have on hand- which means by the time you open your dye studio, I will be in the market to get me some hand-dyed treasure from you!