Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Machine Quilting Challenge - Block #11

Good Morning

What an amazing display of wet, wet, snow! The trees are full of it. It's a Springtime, winter wonderland.

Today's stitch-out is very simple involving circles and straight lines providing more line practice with the addition of circles.

Remember to doodle it out before you start stitching!

Begin by making registration lines using a Hera marker. Hera markers just make a crease. Use it with a ruler. I placed my lines 1 inch apart.

Beginning on any one line, start by making a circle about the size of a nickle. Half of the circle should be on each side of the line. Next stitch a straight line down the crease about 1 1/2" long then make another circle. Keep moving down with lines and circles trying to keep the distance and the circle size the same. Once you have completed one row, stitch along the edge of the block till you reach the next creased line. In this row you want to place the circles in between the circles in the first line. Continue on, stitching each row with the circles off set in each row.

This is a wonderful, op-arty, modern stitch-out that is perfect for today's modern fabrics and designs.

Enjoy,

Heather

No comments: