Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Block #79 in the Machine Quilting Challenge

Hello Again,

I know, twice in one day is not like me - but, it's make up time.

This design is similar to the previous one, but it's stitched somewhat differently. It is a wonderful fill design, whereas the previous one would be great for borders.

Here's how I work it;

Begin in one of the corners of the block and stitch a quarter circle that is about the size of a quarter. Once the arc is complete, stitch four or five wavy rays or petals emanating out of the arc. Next, stitch a large arc over the rays, turn at the end about 1/4" and stitch a second arc over the first one. Now, stitch over along the bottom of the block about 1" and stitch a second arc. Stitch rays emanating from it then stitch a double arc above them. Keep stitching this combined design, nestling the new motifs inside the divots between two previously sewn motifs. Try to turn the motifs in different directions when ever possible to make the design more interesting.

Hope you enjoy these two new designs,

Till next time,
Heather

1 comment:

me said...

This one is great too!

Look at you working your butt off, when so much is going on...

I guess it probably feels good to keep busy with creative (AKA healing) things... I tend to do that too.

Thanks for sharing, especially when you are being pulled in so many directions. xo