Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Machine Quilting Challenge Block #80


Good Evening All,

Hope everyone has had an enjoyable weekend. I always love "fall back" time. Getting that extra hour to sleep in then going to bed early.

Here is another new design. It's quite simple to do and is a great filler when done tiny like this and it can be wonderful in borders when done two to three times this size. Click on the picture to see it larger. I used a variegated violet thread, so the light areas are showing up better than the darker areas.

The design is simply three small tear drop shaped leaves at the end of a stem. Begin by stitching a line that is about 1" long and has a gentle curve in it. At the end of the line, stitch a small tear drop that is pointed where it meets the stem and rounded at the far end. Stitch a second tear drop to the right side of the first one and a third tear drop to the left side of the first one. Stitch partially down the stem then away to form another stem with another set of three tear drop shaped leaves at the end of it. Keep stitching more stems and sets of leaves, moving directions whenever possible. Strive to keep the negative space equal as well as the size of the leaves.

Hope you enjoy this one,

Heather

No comments: