Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Block #86 in the Machine Quilting Challenge


Hi Gang,
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Mine was just right. Both daughters and one of their delightful friends. Great food and company and perfect gifts; art and music!

I've been meaning to get this design to you for a couple of weeks! Since I put up the last design that is very similar to it.
It is done the same way as the previous block but instead of stitching in continuous, wavy rows, it is stitched in arcs and straight rows.

Begin by stitching the up and down, in and out rectangular shapes in a small arc that begins along one edge of the block. Then continue making rows above and below the original arc. Next, stitch a second arc that curves in a different direction from the first one. Continue stitching rows above and below the new arc. Keep stitching rows of arcs then fill in any space between the rows of arcs with straight rows of the rectangles.

As I said, it's really similar to the last block only it has a different kind of rhythm and I think it is more interesting.

Till next time,
Heather

No comments: