Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Playing fabric, Gelli plates, paint & ink

Hi All,
One of the best things about being an art/quilting instructor is that when my class has only one of two people in it, I get to play along.  Last week I taught a gelatin mono-printing class that had very few students so, I got to paint while teaching.  It was so much fun.  Here are some of the pieces that I painted.  The pink and violet pieces were done using a mix of Jacquard Lumiere, Neopaque and Textile paints and the blue/blue green ones on the bottom were done using Tsukineko inks thickened with Aloe Vera gel.  All were made on a medium sized Gelli Plate using found objects to create texture.  I had a blast!

No comments: