Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

More playing, this time with thickened dye!



 Hi All,
I spent 10 hours yesterday dye painting another 6 yards of fabric.  Here are three of the coordinates that I've been working on.  They are dye painted using Procion MX dyes thickened with Sodium Alginate.  Painting fabric is one of the funnest things I've ever had the privilege to do. It makes me sort of high when I'm down in the studio mixing color, playing with texture and playing with paint brushes and found objects.
If you're a local to Denver, all of these fabrics will be gracing the walls of my gallery/studio for the month of May.
Till next time,
Heather

No comments: