Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Thursday, June 19, 2014




Hi All,
Here are some scarves that I made using Habotai silk blanks from Jacquard and their green label silk acid dyes.  I used cheap paint brushes and slightly diluted dye.  After they batched for 24 hours I set them in Jacquard dye set concentrate.  No steaming required.
This is a really fun technique and a great way to dye if you don't want to deal with powdered dyes and extra chemicals.
Till next time,
Heather

No comments: