Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014


Hi All,
It's been a while again.  But at least this time I've got a good excuse; a badly torn ligament in a dislocated middle finger on my right hand - what a royal pain!  So, I haven't gotten much work done lately.
But, here is a quick little, ditty that I did on Sunday while teaching the technique to just one student.  It is 5-7 layers of cotton, silk and melty nylon fabrics along with cheesecloth, all stitched up then scored with a soldering tool and heated with a heat. gun.  
Before you get too impressed, the flowers, leaves and stems were already embroidered on the nylon fabric, but, I used wise placement and stitching to achieve this yummy end result.
Till next time,
Heather

No comments: