Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 21, 2014





 Hi All,
I've been really busy lately add color to lots of different surfaces in lots of different ways.  I do so love surface design! Here are some pieces of dye painted batting that I did last week.  They are painted with Dyenaflow and Lumiere by Jacquard.  I love to use this painted batting instead of regular batting.  I design right on it, collaging fabrics and other fibers right on the surface and leaving the edges of the batting exposed so that I don't have to add a binding.
Below, are some pieces of Lutradur that I painted in the same manner.  I like to melt it with a heat gun to lace it up and I love to make beads out of it.
So much fun, so much exploration - never enough time!
Till next time,
Heather







No comments: