Good Afternoon All,
Here is my latest, almost finished piece. It just lacks some hand stitching and mounting.
It began as a piece of silk fusion that I made using silk roving along with my own hand dyed silk cocoons, carrier rods and thread flotsam. I added in some vintage silk threads during the process and that is what you see moving through the diagonal middle.
Once the silk fusion was dry, I laid it on top of the red orange dyed jute which is on top of batting and a backing. I quilted the bajeebers out of all of the negative space on the fusion then did some basically invisible stippling on the red orange fabric.
The yellow circles are felt from the surplus store. I will hand stitch those down with some violet floss then I'll mount the whole thing on stretcher bars and trim the frayed edges a bit.
It's been years since I've played much with Silk Fusion. I made more than a dozen pieces the other day. They are for sale in our gallery as well as on our new Etsy site: