Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014







Hello All,
I've been really busy in the studio lately making all sorts of fun and beautiful stuff.  Here are a bunch of pieces of silk fusion, from simple to very complex, each one is very unique.  One of the things that I like to do when making silk fusion is to make them so that each of their two sides are very different.  One is simpler and the other more complex.
I use a combination of hand dyed silk roving from Treenway Silks and hand dyed silk hankies and carrier rods that I dye myself.  I also add silk sari fibers, silk waste, bits of threads from the dryer and lots of yummy, shiny Angelina fibers.  I put mine together with thinned matte medium rather than fabric medium.  It's cheaper and I've always got tons of it on hand.
I'm almost finished with an art piece made by the third piece above.  I'll show it to you once I've finished. The rest will be for sale in the gallery, on our web site and soon, on our new Etsy store.










Till next time,
Heather

No comments: