Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014





Hi All,
I taught a class last week in marbling on fabric with ink.  I only had one student so I got to create along with her - we both had a ball!  Here are the pieces that I did.  They are each 15" x 20" and were painted using Tsukineko inks on shaving cream.  I used black, white, and the metallic colors black orchid, copper, gold, silver and champagne mist.
I will be cutting these lovlies up to make a modern styled art quilt.  I think I'll add some stamped black birds to it too.  I can't wait to see how it all comes out.  I've found nothing more enjoyable than making art from the art cloth that I make! If you click on one of the images then you can see them larger in a slide show.
Till next time,
Heather

Here are a few more pieces



No comments: