Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fandango


As always, left click on the image to see larger.


Hi Gang,
It's been awhile, I know! Here is one of the many things I've been working on as of late. It was the Mystery quilt that I taught last weekend. It's called Fandango and it's a new pattern of mine that features two types of free style piecing along with dimensional, folded piecing. The pattern will be one of the five new patterns we will debut at Quilt Colorado, next month in Estes Park. It comes with instructions for this big 'ol throw or a Queen size. It was easy and fun to make, but due to the dimensional part - really ate up the fabric!. I love the hot, hot colors with the cool blue thrown in.
We have so much going on here at the store. I've just started working on the new newsletter for summer. If you have any suggestions - now's the time to let me know. We have our one year anniversary coming up. I can't believe it's been a whole year all ready! Then we will be in Estes Park for five days for the Quilt Colorado show, then we have our summer open house. We're busy developing some quick and dirty Make and Take mini classes for our open house. I'll let you know all about it in a couple of weeks via email.
As summer approaches, I'm reminded of the fullness of my life. Aren't we lucky that we get to follow our passions, that we can, if we try, find time for all of the fulfillment we can possibly stand - be it the garden, long hikes in the wilderness, or hours in our studio creating art !
Here's to following our bliss,
Heather

No comments: