I finally finished this quilt I've been working on - one of the many reasons
why I haven't written on my blog as often as I'd like to!. I finished an art piece too. I'll show you a photo of it soon. I feel like I've got my mojo back - yee ha!
I'm really very pleased with this quilt. It's the first Queen sized one I've done in over a year. I love the hard graphic edge that the pieced blocks provide mixed with the wonderful, almost delicate Japanese prints in, lets admit it, such a weird, unexpected colorway! Left click on the image of the quilt to see it larger.
Now, it's up to you guys to name the pattern. I wrote about this little contest several weeks (maybe months) ago. Here are the guidelines for proposing a title;
- I've posted a finished photo of the quilt - pick a title for the pattern and post it in the comments section of this entry. Include your first name (no last names please) and your email address.
- Names sell patterns. Make it quirky, rhythmic and memorable. No more than three words please.
- The quilt uses easy cuts from just three widths of fabric, 1 1/2", 2" and 2 1/2" which create the five different small blocks that form the one large block.
- Don't include information about the colors or fabrics used in the quilt top as lots of folks will use very different colors and fabrics in their version.
- Two weeks after I post the photo of the finished quilt top, I will review all of the entries and choose a winner. The chosen title will be used in the published version of the pattern and the winner's name will be noted on the pattern. The winner will receive a free copy of the pattern along with a $25.00 gift certificate from Wild Heather Quilts or wildheatherdesigns.com.
- You may enter as often as you like.
Till next time