Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Winter Arts





Hello All,
Another day in Winter Wonderland. Sad yet joyous news was received yesterday; Great American Quilt Factory - a Denver, quilting institution has decided to close after 30 years. What an accomplishment - 30 years in the quilting business! If you're a local and you plan to hit their closing sale, rather than bemoaning their closing, try telling the owners and employees how much you're going to miss them and thank them for all of their years of providing a great place to meet with friends, take wonderful classes and purchase great quilt art supplies (I'm just sayin')

Here are photos of another of my latest quilt and color pieces. As you can see in the first photo, all I mark are the major circles. In the second photo you can see that all of the motif stitching has been completed. The third photo shows it with all of the background area stitched too. The final photo is of the completed piece done in neutrals and metallics.

This technique is so much fun and has been a great way for me and my new machine to get acquainted!

I'll be back soon with some more GREAT news!
Till then,
Heather

3 comments:

GerryART said...

Good evening heather,
I've been remiss about commenting on all your hard work put toward giving us the opportunity to learn free-motion.
I've read yours posts and have peered at your designs.
Yet, I've not told you how much I appreciate your effort.

I am vowing to put aside time to practic my free-motion during 2011.

Thanks for everything,
Hugs,
Gerry

Lynda said...

Hi Heather,
Thank you very much for your great thoughts. They are very much appreciated!
Lynda Milligan

Unknown said...

I assume all the great people in the quilting community just know how much I appreciate them being there for me and my friends when any of us need inspiration, help, instruction or just peaceful escape! So much for assumptions! I have appreciated all of the knowledge you share with us and I hope you will be able to continue to teach us in another venue! I am looking forward to your good news Heather, and I will miss my quilt store! Many thanks, mb