Art Every Day, For Oct 13, 2013
Here is another piece that I did several days ago but didn't find the time to write up. It's a weird one, a failure you might say. I had this nice piece of discharged hand dye that I used in the background. with the wavy lines moving across the diagonal. I then added a large triangle of embroidered cotton in a yellow orange that repeated the color of the batting. I topped that triangle with a portion of the background fabric that has the wavy lines moving in the opposite diagonal to how the lines are set in the background. It was my home that off setting the wavy lines would look cool. But alas, it is not working very well. I think the problem is that I don't have enough of the yellow orange fabric around three of the sides of the top most wavy line fabric. If I had more of the yellow orange it would isolate the fabric more which would make it contrast better with it's self in the negative space. Live and learn!
I do like how the tiny stippling in the red violet allows all of the dirty white lines to show up really well. At least that portion was a success.
Till next time,