Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

 Art Every Day, Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013
Good Evening,
Finally here is a new piece.  After weeks of an overwhelming schedule, I feel like I can breath and create again.  This piece started with a piece of hand painted fabric.  The fabric is painted with "Silks" acrylic glazes and is done mostly free form with brush work along with using some found objects as resists a black fabric marker and a gold fabric marker. I love all of the bold lines made with the gold pen and the play of the blue fan shapes in each of the different design areas.  I recently cut a rubber stamp shaped like one of the jacks we used to play with when we were kids.  I love that shape so much that I used it here with the black pen. I find the whole piece very playful and quilted it to match, with lines separating out the squares in the checkerboard area, stipples between all of the gold lines in the large area on the lower left, and outlining of the blue fan blades and gold wisps in the top most area.  All of the quilting was done using a medium valued tone of blue which meshes quite well with all of the paint colors.
The piece is full of movement and joy and I quite like it.
Till tomorrow, I hope,
Heather


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad to see your new daily piece and happy to see it finished! I can't wait to try your new paints! I am always inspired by your work.