Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Art Every Day, Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013,
Good Evening,
Here is my latest piece.  It began with a piece of fabric that was dyed using the deconstructed silk screening technique.  Once I ripped it to size I then stamped it with one of my bird stamps using bold, black paint.  I love the juxtaposition of the three birds and the high contrast of black on white with the cool greens and blues showing through in the background.
I kept the quilting simple, outlining and inlining the birds, quilting the grid design in the upper with straight lines and stippling around and between all of the colored bits in the lower right. I really, really like the piece.  It's simple yet complicated, mod with a vintage feel and bold but not in your face, everything I look for in a piece of art.
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: