Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Thursday, November 14, 2013



Art Every Day, Thursday, Nov 14, 2013
Good Afternoon,
Here is today's new work.  It began with a piece of dye painted fabric that features faded tones of yellow, red, orange and dark gray.  I laid it on top of red dye painted batting then quilted it heavily. I quilted big Black Eyed Susan like flowers using the dark gray circles in the background as the centers of the flowers.
Then, I laid out the four pieces of heavy canvas that I had dyed with a dark gray dye.  I left all the 'hairy' bits for added texture.  The gray strips are quilted with a pale yellow wavy line and straight lines and circles in a dusty red colored thread.
The canvas is so heavy that my camera wants to focus on it and push the other two layers; background and batting, into far negative space making it difficult to see the more decorative quilting there. 
As with yesterday's piece, I like this one quite a bit, mostly because of the high contrast.  It was a lot of fun to quilt too.
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: