Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Monday, October 14, 2013

 Art For Another Day, Oct 12, 2014
Good Afternoon Again,
Here is another catch up piece made from more discharged fabrics from last weeks retreat.  I had two light blue/violet fabrics, one with a floral discharge design which I silk screened on with one of my stencils and the other with triangles all over it discharged with a hand cut stamp.  I layered up the floral strip with a deep violet silk noil on top of a light violet silk gauze.  I laid that trio down on the triangle print which was sitting on top of a violet dye painted batting.
I simply outlined the floral print and top stitched around the edges of the fabric it was laying on.  Then I stitched around all of the triangles and stitched angled lines between them to push back the background. I like the soft, subtle tones of this piece as well as it's depth.
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: