Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Art for Oct 9, 2013
Good Evening Again,
Here is a piece that I made while at the Taos retreat last week. It features a metal piece that I made in I.V. Anderson's class.  It has the words "Let it be" stamped on it along with highly textured edges.  I set it on top of a piece of Lutradur that had been dye painted a deep orange then I hit the Lutradur with a hot, hot heat gun to lace it and melt it around the edges of the metal.
I set these two on top of a piece of black Linen that I disperse dyed with bleach, a comb and a round stamp.  I quilted the black inside the discharged lines using a matching thread and glued down the metal/Lutradur bit.  I like the simplicity of this piece along with the bold metal piece and the very important words.
Till next time,
Heather

No comments: