Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Art For Oct 11, 2013,
Good Evening Yet Again,
Here is another piece made with some of the fabric that I made at the Taos retreat.  The background fabric was dispersed dyed using Decolourant Plus in a pale gray, dark red violet and yellow orange.  The gray is printed using a hand cut stamp.  The orange was done with the end of a sponge and the red violet was sprayed on with a mister.  I chose a medium gray cotton, a dark red violet cotton and a yellow orange/orange silk noil. It's all set on top of some black batting.
I'm sorry that the quilting isn't showing better, but it's great.  The dark red violet strip is stitched with circles.  The orange is stitched with straight lines moving in a swirl to the center of the shapes with the lines about 1/2" apart.  The gray is stitched heavily with a tiny stipple and the background is stitched with an all over interlaced triangular design that surrounds the orange rectangles to show them off.  
The piece has great depth due to the density of the quilting in each of the physical layers.  I love this color way with the red violet and orange along with gray.  It's a bit retro yet ultra mod at the same time.
Till tomorrow,
Heather 

No comments: