Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013


Art for Yesterday, Tuesday, Oct 8, 2013
Good Morning,
Here is yesterday's piece.  When I finally made time to add it last night I couldn't find my camera.  I'm in Taos teaching at my yearly retreat and made this yesterday morning in the Deconstructed Lutradur class that I was teaching.  The smaller photo shows it before the Lutradur was melted and the larger photo shows the finished piece.
It's an easy process with a layer of collaged fabrics in warm colors set down on the green batting.  The fabric layer is then covered with a layer of painted Lutradur and it's all pinned in place.  Then I stitched it all with designs that yielded stitch that is about 1/2" apart.  Then I couched on some fiber swirls and hit the whole thing with a heat gun to lace up the Lutradur and reveal the warm colored fabrics below. 
I like the piece well enough, especially the lovely warm/cool play of colors, but I wish that I had not added the fiber swirls until after I had heated the Lutradur.  Then I would have done them in a color that would have contrasted more.
Hopefully I'll find time between classes to do today's piece.  If so, I'll talk to you later tonight.
Till then,
Heather

No comments: