Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Art Every Day, Oct 14, 2013
Good Afternoon,
Here is today's new piece.  It is made from a fabric that I discharged while on retreat last week.  I added a couple of narrow strips of black linen as well as some black batting to the discharged piece and chose a very, very simple layout so as to really show of the flower and the fancy grid printed in the fabric.
I quilted everything with matching red violet thread beginning with the black strip on the left which is stitched with an 1/8" grid.  Then I outlined the flower and added some stitching inside it following the lines in the petals.  The background is a mix of stippling and outlining and inlining the grid design.  I then couched on a narrow black strip for the flower center.
When all of the stitching was complete I added a bunch of iron on crystals to the black strip and the flower center to give them both a punch of interest.  The piece has a subtle beauty along with some funk.  I like that.
Till later,
Heather

No comments: