Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

 Art Every Day, Wednesday, Oct 2, 2013
Good Afternoon,
Here is today's new piece.  Like the work from the past few days it is centered around a dye painted fabric.  I used it for the background and pulled in the orange and the blue with additional fabrics.
It's a rather straight forward piece.  I kept it very simple so that the printed fabric could shine.  I love it's big blue circles and bold warm colors on the crisp, white ground.  It is quilted lightly, just inside and outside the blue circles.  The orange fabric is quilted heavily with and 1/8" wavy grid and the black is top stitched along the edge with blue thread.  I chose a brighter blue for the circle in hopes that it would bring out the blue in the print and it did. 
All in all, it's a nice way to let the funky fabric do its thang.
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: