Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 5, 2013


Art Every Day, Saturday, Oct 5, 2013
Good Evening Again,
Here is today's piece.  It began with the small assemblage you see in the lower left hand corner.  I had made it sometime last year as a sample for something. It has a base of painted Peltex topped with several different papers, some Angelina fibers, a stream of glitter, some silk fibers, a silk cocoon and some other stuff. I threw it on top of some yellow silk noil which I then placed on the rest of a hand dye painted fabric filled with bold orange some yellow and some dull violet.  All of it went down on a base of black batting.
I stitched down the assemblage as minimally as possible then heavily stitched the yellow noil with close set straight lines. The orange background is done with a small stipple. 
I like the piece well enough, but my experiment of placing the focal point low in the corner isn't working for my eye.  I wish I had kept the yellow rectangle where it is but had placed the assemblage in the middle of it rather than down in the corner. Otherwise, I think the colors are warm and yummy and perfect for this cool weather.
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: