Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Art Every Day, Sunday, Oct 6, 2013
Good Morning,
Here is today's new piece.  It began with this fabulous vintage postcard that I had built this wonderful little assemblage with.  It was quite a bit larger, but I cut it down to fit the size of my daily pieces.  I love the direct complement of red oranges and just slightly green, blue green. 
I stitched the postcard around the circle and the leaves.  Then I stitched a wavy line up the copper tape and did some top stitching in the rest of the red orange fabrics.  The batting is stitched with a simple stipple. 
I really like the subtlety of the layering and how the circles in the printed fabric play off of all of the other fabrics and how the darkest blue fabric bits draw the eye up and away from the postcard then back to it. I like it much better now that it is smaller.  In it's full size there was far too much batting showing and it overwhelmed the postcard.  Now the postcard is getting all of the attention that it deserves.  I love doing collages.  They provide so much artistic freedom.
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: