Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Block #71 in the Machine Quilting Challenge

Good Morning Everyone,

It's back to work for me today after a lovely weekend. Tom and I drove through the mountains to Steamboat Springs then back on highway 14 along the Cache la Poudre river, through the most amazingly beautiful canyon. It was a lovely way to spend a Sunday! But now, I must go to work and sell sewing machines. But first, here is a new stitch out.

I really like the way this all over Asterisks looks. It is a great fill, wonderful to use as falling snow or pine needles. We've used this design before, but not as an all over. The sizes are from just larger than a quarter to the size of a nickle.

Beginning near the middle of the block, stitch a straight line that is about 1/2" long then double back over it to the beginning. Stitch out another 1/2" at an angle that is different from the first line, then double back over to the beginning spot. Keep stitching 1/2" lines out from the center at varying angles until you have completed a circle. Stitch the last line out and away from the asterisk, far enough to begin a new one. Stitch it out just like you did the first one. Continue making asterisks of varying sizes, keeping them close to each other and leaving little background space.

Hope you enjoy this new design,

Till next time,
Heather

No comments: