Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Block #75 in the Machine Quilting Challenge


Good Morning All,

Wow! The husband and I just returned from a 3 day mini vacation to Moab. I had never been there before and I'm just amazed with the majesty of it all. Wow! The land we live in is filled with so many wonders!

Here is today's new stitch out. I call it "Olives", because that's what it looks like. It is very similar to "Stones" in that the shapes are all the same and they have to touch each other to look tidy.

Begin by stitching an oval that is about the size of a large olive. Once the oval is complete, stitch a smaller circle in one end of the oval. Next, stitch another oval that is about the same size and making sure that it is touching the first oval. Stitch a small circle inside one end of the second oval. Continue making ovals that touch each other, each with a small circle stitched at one end and doubling over stitch lines as needed to get to where you want to stitch.

This design provides loads of texture and is a great fill. Consider stitching it in a slightly contrasting color (I used yellow orange thread on an orange fabric) to add some extra punch.

Hope you all have a great day,
Till next time,

Heather

1 comment:

me said...

Oooh, love this one too! When I first saw it (without the close up) I thought, HEY! I have actually attempted this one!!!

But I haven't- mine was just sort of like pebbles. THIS one of yours is very cool!

Glad you had fun in Moab- I would love to see some photos on your blog from your trip when you have time!