Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Saturday, March 29, 2008


Hello Gang,
It's been one hell of a week! I taught five nights and a day in a row
and I'm utterly exhausted. But, lucky for me, two of my lovely students came in today with show and tell from classes they recently took from me. It never fails - every time I think I've had
enough of the teaching game, a student comes in excited about
her new found successes and I get reinvigorated again, thanks to
all of you.
The landscape quilt at left was made by Archie Driesbach. She made it in my Landscape Architecture class. It is quite luscious and includes Angelina fibers in the sky as well as dimensional sheer fabrics in the foreground. Archie did a lot of thread painting in the trees and wonderful quilting by machine. It's her first landscape ever. Shes really excited about discovering quilting without rules!

This amazing little piece of artwork was made by Rebeca Capion.
She cut her own stencil when she was in my Painting with Shiva
Paintstiks class. She stenciled the very organic flower, added miniature glass beads in the center, a beaded fringe and beads along the border. Rebeca has taken several classes here at the store and it's wonderful to watch her work blossom. She's not only very artistic, she's also a great innovator!

I wish for you all, the time, freedom and tenacity to create your hearts desires.

Until next time,
Heather

No comments: