Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Art Every Day, 1/08/13

Good Afternoon,
Here is today's installation.  It is similar to the piece that I made on the 3rd.  The colors are slightly different and the quilting is really different. On this piece, I heavily quilted the red dye painted batting with a small stone stitch. The black background is quilted in a miniscule stipple to make it recede. I added the yellow, horizontal shapes in thread to heighten the visual interest.  Though this one is similar to the one from the 3rd, as far as design motif, it has a very different look because of the way it is quilted.
I've become enamored with this stylized circle.  We'll likely be seeing lots more of them.
 Till tomorrow,
Heather

p.s. I thank you Ms. Christa for your response to the last four entries - It makes me quite content to know that you are joining in on these lessons with me.

1 comment:

me said...

Thank YOU Heather for always being so generous with that you know and are learning!
I too, love the stylized circle :)

This composition really makes me think. You know I struggle with assymetrical things, yet yours are always appealing to me.

I love how the vertical white shapes balance out the offset black rectangle.
The quilting softens what could have come across as very hard edges with the black and red.