Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Good Morning,
Here is today's piece.  It was a reminder of what I don't really like; precision. It took a long time to cut out; I had to draw it first then cut the drawing apart into templates, yada, yada, yada. And for what? A piece that looks manufactured rather than created.  This is just not what I enjoy looking at or making.  Lesson learned! Tomorrow, back to more free form.
On a positive note, I do like how the triangles are managing to hold there own (almost) against that bold orange mix background.  I quilted the orange with the tiniest of stipples in hopes that it would recede enough to let the lighter quilted triangles come forward. I guess all in all it was a good experience, but not one that I want to repeat again any time soon.
Till tomorrow,
Heather

1 comment:

me said...

The small stipple in the orange does help it recede some, but it's such a strong color, that is hard to do, isn't it?

This piece feels like it has a lot of energy, and the energy is contained within the specific shapes. I find that very intriguing!

I don't enjoy precision much either, it makes me feel a little bound. You say you don't enjoy it, but you made a good job of it :)