Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Art Every Day, January 15, 2013

Good Morning,
Here is today's piece.   I so enjoyed yesterday's stitched swirls that I wanted to do it again today. But this one just isn't the same.  Should have stuck with just thread and no applique! I like the background of this one with its horizontal and vertical stripes. I stitched the verticals with wavy lines and the horizontals with straightish lines. I think the circle is a bit on the large size, but a CD is what I had in front of me for a template so I used it.
Well, I'm off to the Denver Art Museum to meet with some of the women who are putting together next years big fiber show.  They want to feature some of my art and have me do some demos- yeah!
Till tomorrow,
Heather

1 comment:

me said...

This is a great background! It adds so much interest to have both wavy and straight lines for the quilting.

The hand-dyed palette you used gives the back a moody feel which seems to help push the swirly circle way out front.

Even though the white could be startling, the stitched swirl through it softens it, and the whole piece just proves how much power simple lines can have.