Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Friday, January 18, 2013

j
Art Every Day, January 18, 2013

Good Morning,
Here is today's new piece.  I'm quite pleased with it.  The woven portion of the left was a great exploration of the mix of various browns with crisp white and I love the way the two are contrasting off of each other.  The portion on the right is one of our embroidered hand dyes. I chose it so that I could replicate the tiny flowers with larger flowers in the quilting.  All in all a very satisfying creative morning!
Well, I'm off to teach some ladies how to dye.
Till tomorrow,
Heather

1 comment:

me said...

This piece just inspires calm.

The palette is soothing and the quilting is too, with it's curvy lines and mirroring flowers.

I didn't realize you had embroidered hand dyes, I need to have a better look soon!

I have to admit too, that all of these pieces you have done since starting this, really show off your fabrics. I have drooled over them in the studio, but never fully realized how much depth they provide just on their own.