Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Friday, January 11, 2013

Art Every Day, January 11, 2013

Good Afternoon,
Well, this one is my favorite so far.  I'm a sucker for high contrast and it doesn't get higher than warm against cold.  I'm quite pleased with the way the warm circles are playing off of the cool, tight, linear background.  I definitely want to play with this composition on a larger scale.  I especially love the tiny border of orange dye painted batting.  Not only does the piece have great depth, it's really energetic too.  Plus, it's a lot of fun!
Till tomorrow,
Heather

1 comment:

me said...

OOH! This would be FABULOUS on a bigger scale, hanging on a wall. I just love the energy of it too.

I am partial to circles and warm colours so I love how the circles just pop right out- and the fact that you used both symmetrical and assymetrical designs in them adds so much!

The frayed edges of some of the background lines gives a bit of a break in straight lines and adds so much that I keep looking.

The dyed batting is just perfect to tie the circles to the background. Your dyed battings are just so yummy, it's one of my very favourite things to use!