Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Art Every Day ~ Day #2, 1/2/13

Here is today's piece of art. I really loved this group of red/gray/black fabrics that I dyed, but no one else seemed to like them as much as me - so, I guess they're supposed to be mine.

I wanted to see how my little bird looked stitched out without coloring her in.  I like the sketched look and how without adding extra color, the stitched lines remain dominate. I also like the idea of mixing a modern color way along with a modern technique and embellishments with something as vintage looking as the dyed gray eyelet and the stylization of the bird.

Happy Creating,
Heather

1 comment:

me said...

I also love how the bird is dominant through the stitching- and the colorway is perfect. The combination of old and new looks seamless.