Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Art Every Day, Monday Sept 16, 2013

Good Morning,
Boy it's been a long time since I've started a post with that salutation! Feels good to be done with today's piece so early in the day. Here she is, I began with a bunch of warm colored squares which I set on the only battingish thing I had here at home, a piece of dyed bamboo felt in a light, light red orange.  Then I grabbed the cool colored square in a square block that was left over from some other project.
Prior to adding the pieced square, I stitched down all of the warm colored squares of fabric using dark orange thread and a small stipple.  Then I positioned the pieced square and stitched it down using a bright turquoise color of thread.  I added four stitched squares for a total of five squares.  
I really like the cascading movement of the squares from upper left toward the lower right as well as the warm/cool, dull/bright contrasts.  
Now I'm going to do a quickie house cleaning then enjoy an afternoon out with a good friend,
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: