Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Monday, September 2, 2013


Art Every Day, Monday, Sept 2, 2013

Good Evening,
Here is today's new piece.  It is needle felted with silk hankies and silk carrier rods with a bit of wool fibers for the tree and yarn for the fence.  The leaves are stitched with silk ribbon using a chain stitch. 
I rarely do representational work any more, but I needed a sample for hand felting and figured I kill two birds.... yada yada yada.  What I did instead was kill my right hand a make it curl up in a tight ball of agony once again.  It took me three days to get this done.  Now, no hand work again till I figure out what the hell is happening with this hand.
Also, I've got to say that I'm feeling a bit lonely here on the blog.  I really miss my constant commenter, Christa and though feedback from you guys isn't why I do this whole art every day thing, it really helps when I feel uninspired or overwhelmed to know that there is someone out there who's interested in taking a few steps of this journey with me.
Guess I'm feeling sorry for myself tonight so,
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: