Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Monday, September 23, 2013


Art When Ever the Hell I Can Get to It!,
For Sunday, Sept 22, 2013

Good Afternoon,
Here is a new piece that took be several days of working a bit here, a bit there to finish.  I think it looks as thought the cat ate a bunch of colorful bits and pieces of fabric, fibers and beads and barfed them all up.
In actuality it is a piece of stitched fusion set down on velvet, set on batting.  The fusion has very little quilting, most of the stitching that you see was done while it was formed.  The velvet is heavily stitched with circles/stones and the beads are glued down to look as though they were thrown across the surface.  Three days for this? All I can say is yuk.
I'll be right back,
Heather

No comments: