Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013


Art For Last Weekend, August 31, 2013,
Good Evening,
In addition to tons of other stuff, like beginning to organize my office at the gallery, I managed to get two daily pieces done this afternoon.  I'll keep this short though 'cause the typing hurts my hands.
This piece features a large and a small portion of a stamped black and white design set on solid white on a black batting.  
The quilting began with the three red squares, followed by pebble stitching in the dark gray/black areas which was followed with stitching in the white areas of the block print and the background with white.  The piece is very graphic and bold.  The large amount of white tries, lamely, to overwhelm both the block print and the red, but I got the best of it with a tiny stipple.
Now, I'll eat dinner then be back with today's piece,
Till then,
Heather

No comments: