Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

 Art Every Day, Tuesday, August 3, 2013
Good Evening Again,
Dinner wasn't quite ready so I figured I'd quickly throw this one on. I really like the simplicity of this little guy.  The two gray backgrounds, darker on top with hints of brown and lighter on the bottom with darker vertical lines and a herringbone texture are the perfect setting for the bold textural color of the thread bits from the washer.
I decided to try a composition with a high horizon line which is why I made the two gray's the size they are and overlapped them up on the top two axis of thirds.  I kept the quilting simple, but did it in a contrasting color; hot pink.  I stitched down all of the threads with a loose stipple then added the long, pointy designs in the negative space.
I love the quite energy with the explosion of color and texture.  It was both quick and fun to do and though it is quite modern stylistically, it is warm and inviting too.
Till tomorrow,
Heather 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this piece! It reminds me of a hanging garden at lake Powell. The stitching is the water dripping down the wall and the 'flowers' are the glorious chaos that hurries to grow. I want this one!