Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

More Every Day Art, For Yesterday, Saturday, Sept 14, 2013

Good Evening Again,
Here is yesterday's piece and I really like its brisk contrasts in color, line, shape and texture.  
I began with the black and white stamped square then chose yellow green and bright white along with black batting to show the block print off.  I  wanted the two white borders to be wide so that I could add the twisted yellow green strips.  I made the yellow green rectangle of background area just large enough to support the block print.
The design of the block print was outlined with white thread then echo stitching was added.  The yellow green background is heavily stitched with pebbles and the white is stitched with a small stipple.  The final addition was the strips of yellow green, twisted and couched down in curvy lines along the center of the two white borders.
Art For Today, Sunday, Sept 15, 2013

Here is today's new piece.  It began with the block printed, wavy cross hatched, black and white fabric and the little bit of black and white with the leaf print.  I chose some white linen and some red silk noil along with some red batting to show off the block prints. 
The leaf block print is outlined twice then top stitched around the inner edge.  The red square is top stitched and short, curvy lines were added in alternating directions on the two wider sides of the square.  Both the narrow and wide, white lined sections are stitched with leaves and vines then the black and white wavy cross hatch print was stitched in the long horizontal black lines. 
I really like this piece.  It's bold yet  pretty, architectural yet natural.  It has a wonderful undulating rhythm too.
Well, till tomorrow,
Heather


No comments: