Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

I Managed Today's Every Day Art,
Monday, Sept 23, 2013

Good Afternoon Again,
Here is today's new piece.  Part of it was done while filming DVD's last week.  Since then I've gotten continually sicker with a nasty summer cold, got it all; sore throat, ear ache, snot, cough, body aches and fever.  But I managed to do my artist studio duties at the Denver Art Museum this weekend.  It almost killed me, but no luck!
So, I had to get some of these dailies done.  They haunt me and when I don't get them done some of you scold me (mostly good hearted niggling, but.....).  This one began with the layered piece in the middle.  It started with a layer of sheer paper, topped with melted dryer sheet topped with ripped decorative papers in red, gold and blue violet, all held together with a light brushing of fabric sculpting medium.  Once it was all dry, I stitched the feather down the center with gold thread and added some stitched circles.
Then, I set it down on a piece of blue violet paper which I in turn set on top of some red dye painted batting.  Then I added the inlining and outlining of the feather, some blue circles and a bit of perimeter stitching.  I kinda like this one, not too fond of the color way, but like the layers a lot. It's busy, but I'll do more with the paper/dryer sheet layering and learn how to keep it more harmonious.
Till then,
Heather

No comments: