Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Art Every Day, Sunday, Sept 29, 2013
Good Afternoon,
Hope this finds you well dear reader. I have to apologize for my lack of entries this past week, but I've been rather ill with a sinus infection and walking pneumonia.  I've had to work right through it with little time to rest - the joys of being a small business owner - which slows the recovery time down, but I've got some good drugs on board now so it shouldn't be long till I'm all well.  I managed to get several pieces done this morning and here is the first.
It began with a lovely piece of pale red violet, yellow and gray that I had dye painted with thickened dyes.  I puled out a dark, toned piece of silk noil in oranges and red violets along with some yellow and some gray to coordinate with the painted piece.  I covered a piece of red dye painted batting with the multi-colored piece then ripped the other fabric into the shapes you see.  I decided on a diagonal setting for more interest and used twisted strips of the gray as well as some dyed bits of lace flowers to raise the surface.
The quilting is rather straight forward, largish stippling in gray thread in the negative space and just the stitched flowers holding down the yellow squares and couching atop the gray strips which also secures the orange rectangle.  
I really like the soft color way at play here and the interest that the gray grid brings.  It's a very gentle piece but it's not boring.
I've got a few more coming, so see you in a bit,
Heather

No comments: