Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Art for Two Days Ago, Friday, Sept 27, 2013
Good Afternoon Yet Again,
Here is another piece that began with dye painted fabric.  I ripped the piece to fit and had a bit of highly frayed selvedge edge to use on top along with some ripped black linen and black batting as well as a nice piece of red violet dyed embroidered cotton.
The quilting on this one is sort of counter intuitive.  I used long wavy lines to form a cross hatch in the swirly, multicolored background fabric and a pale gray thread.  I simply outlined the black linen and the circles in the red violet fabric then added the zigzag in the white strips, all using red violet thread.
Again, this piece is quite simple, but it lets the printed fabric do all of the work. I like how the swirls in the background meld into the circles in the red violet fabric.  I also like the high contract between the black and the white and bold colors.
Thanks all for today,
Heather

No comments: