Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Friday, August 30, 2013


Art Every Day, Friday August 30, 2013,

Good Afternoon, or is it evening all ready?,
Here is today's new piece.  It started with the hand painted Batik flower like shape.  I grabbed it along with the yummy watermelon colored background and the bright yellow orange strip along with some bright white then ripped and layered everything up. I cut the flower as a square and the white in a square the exact same size. 
I stitched in all of the white lines of the flower with white thread then stitched around the perimeter of the flower with orange thread then I cut the excess fabric from around the flower as close to the stitch line as possible then cut the white fabric beneath it just a tiny bit larger so the at would act as an outline for the flower.  Then I stitched concentric squares and rectangle in the orange and top stitched the white along the inner edges.  I finished the piece off with the addition of feathers in the negative space to add some visual interest there.
The piece is sunny and modern and it makes me smile.
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: