Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

 Art Every Day, One for August 20, 2013,
Here is the third one I did today in an effort to get caught back up.  I wanted to play with twisted strips of fabric but without using them as swirls.  My friend I.V. made a colograph plate last week with a sun that looked a bit like this one.  Mine however is a bit more abstract than hers.  I got the inspiration from the background fabric.  It had this great portion in the upper corner that was orange which I thought would be a great place to start a quarter sun. So I ripped some golden fabric and jumped in.  
After I stitched down the sun and it's rays I did some echo quilting between the rays and that's about it.  I like the piece, but I'm not all that pleased with the positioning of the rays or something, it just doesn't turn me on the way I thought it might.  I miss the swirls.
Well that's all I've got in me today.  I'll try to do some more catching up tomorrow.
Heather
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heather....just wanted to say how much your blog has inspired me. If you havve a moment maybe you can comment on some small pieces that I just started,
http://annsplace-dahlitsa.blogspot.ca/