Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013


Art Every Day, Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Good Evening,
Here is today's new piece.   It began with the stamped black and white swirly design.  I ripped it into a square and laid it down on a dark, dark gray hand dye which I set on top of a piece of light red violet piece of dyed bamboo felt.  I inserted the strip of red violet under the swirly piece to add some interest.  
I quilted the heck out of the background with rows of circles separated by sections with lines moving in alternating directions.  The quilting looks great, wish you could see it better.  Then I stitched some tiny zigzags in the red violet strip, quilted inside the swirls with white then stitched down the red violet swirl and then the white swirl inside it.  The swirls were a bit large and started to overwhelm the black and white print so I added a small swirl in red violet inside the print.
The piece is sooo much better in person and I really like it.
Give me a moment and I'll be right back with another make up piece.
Till then,
Heather

No comments: